The Iona School in Nottingham has a vacancy for a
To start as soon as possible the post is permanent. The position is 30 hours per week (9am – 3pm), throughout the year.
The successful applicant will be capable of the following duties
- Able to create wholesome vegetarian meals from scratch for our Nursery and Kindergarten children and staff.
- Ordering, accounting for and occasional collection of stock.
- Serving meals at lunchtime for the nursery and kindergarten, approximately 35-45 covers.
- Plan a seasonal menu in line with school requirements.
- Liaising with staff in regards to meal numbers and ensuring these are documented.
- Following a strict cleaning schedule in the kitchen and correct rotation of stock.
- Experience of working in a catering environment essential, with a desirability of working in a school kitchen.
- Sound knowledge of food and kitchen hygiene.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to own initiative essential.
- Liaison with City Council Environmental Health Officers in regard to a high standard of food hygiene.
Please apply with a C.V and covering letter describing why you are suitable for the role and how your skills match our expectations
The Iona School
310 Sneinton Dale